Monday, March 10, 2008

Interested in Dark Energy?

Today on astro-ph/, a wonderful,free repository of Astronomy journal articles, a review article on Dark Energy - this mysterious "thing" which Astronomers believe currently make up 70% of the energy of the universe and is responsible for accelerating the universe's expansion - was recently put online. This paper covers the observational evidence for the existence of dark energy, the leading theoretical ideas as to what dark energy is, and how some of these ideas can be tested in the future. This paper is intended for Astronomers, so it is probably pretty technical and contains a fair bit of jargon, but since it is intended for Astronomers who do not do cosmology-related research it is more accessible than most. As always, if you have any questions please email me or leave them below, and I'll do my best to answer them. If I get enough questions, I might devote a whole show to dark energy.

Hope you enjoy.

No comments: